Terms and Conditions
Membership is open to all families and individuals who have some Konkani heritage, or anyone interested in the Konkani heritage, language or culture.
Membership fees & renewals
- An applicant can register to become a member of Konkani Association of Australia (KAA) through a self-initiated registration process found at www.konkani.org.au
- As part of the registration process, KAA will validate personal information provided by the applicant. By providing this information to KAA, the applicant certifies that such information is true and correct.
- Membership (new members) is activated when KAA approves a completed application form submitted by the applicant. A receipt will be issued upon receipt of payment for the membership application.
- New members are required to pay a one time joining fee.
- KAA from time to time, may have promotional events to waive the joining fee as they deem fit.
- Membership is valid and starts from the financial year (1stJuly to 30thJune) that the applicant pays for unless the applicant wishes to join for less than 6 months of the fiscal year.
- For existing and new members, if the membership fee is paid any time after 1 July then the membership will be active for the current financial year. Certain exceptions apply, for example, if an applicant wishes to join the Association for less then 6 months of the fiscal year.
- New membership applications and membership renewals can be made directly online.
Cancellation and refund of membership
- There is no refund of any membership fees should you cancel your membership at any stage during your membership year. The membership is non-transferable.
- Money once received towards your membership will not be refundable.
Changing membership details
- Changes to membership fees will only be made at the time of the annual renewal of your membership.
- Members are required to keep their personal information provided to KAA up-to-date online to ensure that they receive regular updates from KAA. KAA may validate such updated information as part of the registration process or to verify continued eligibility for membership in KAA.
Lapsing of membership
- Overdue membership renewals: Membership renewals must be completed within two months of due date (i.e. by 1stSeptember). After that they will be considered as lapsed members.
- Lapsed membership renewals: If a lapsed member renews membership, all dues from lapsed date are payable.
KAA reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at its discretion.